3. September 2020 by Peter
This is my first attempt at 3-D printing annunciations. It didn’t go all that well.
It has been printed using two different colours of filament – one transparent and one is black.
In my printing program (Cura) I’ve instructed the printer to stop at a certain level where I change the filament to the black colour.
As you can see in the picture the lettering isn’t perfect.
There is also the typical lines from 3d-prints.
The quality of the print is not fantastic. Perhap a bit of fine tuning of the printer would help a bit. But I’m not sure a home model 3D-printer will be able to produce a quality that can compare with a CNC.
I had 4 or 5 go’s at this print. I had various problems along the process. Especially the transparent PLA caused frustration. No matter how much adhesive I added it could not stick the first times.
I’m however going to use this one. It is for the GPWS panel underneath the forest officers screens. I don’t any other laying around so this will have to do for now.
This post has been marked with “trial and error” and I guess I can say now that it has been both 🙂