29. May 2017 by Peter
Long time – no see. Finally it is possible to see the end of the renovation of our new house. New wooden floors all over (250 sqm), new kitchen, the old oil based heating has been replaced. So now it is time to focus on the cockpit again.
I have decided to rebuild the frame following the SimuJabs structure.
So first step is a base for the structure. And that I finished making last week. It is a fairly simple construction using some wood of a larger dimensions. I have put wheels underneath so I am able to move it around should I need to. Furthermore the structure and wheels give space under the cockpit for wires and – perhaps at some point – linked yokes.
On top of the structure plywood will form the base. The plywood is painted 4 times with RAL 7011.
Next thing os cutting all the pieces from the SimuJabs.
The lengths on the drawings are a bit odd. So cutting the wood in the correct lengths will need some trail and error.