5. February 2020 by Peter
So apparently 2019 more or less passed with out any updates on the page. Sorry about that. And to be honest not much has been happening in the cockpit.
I got a few emails from people asking for updates. And I owe you a bit thank you! It really means a lot!!! It does! With out your messages and encouragement I might not have taken the time needed to sit down and write these entries.
It seems that I am followed by the same curse as always: When ever I make something or fix something – something else – totally random – will malfunction. This never fails!
But of course some things has been happening. Let me list them here and I also mention them in the video. Then I will do some separate blog entries / videos on it.
So over the last year I have been:
- In the beginning of the year I made the side windows. They are in place, but I am not done with them. I still need to do a few things.
- Spring was about eliminating errors. I had a friend coming by that is a retired pilot and I really wanted the cockpit to shine. So I spend a lot of time making the cockpit “flyable”. I more or less succeeded. 🙂
- I also got my hands on two 23″ wide aspect monitors. they are used for Captians side anf First Officers side and can cover both ND, PFD and the clock.
- In the summer I bought additional interface cards: An additional OpenCockpits MasterCard for the Overhead. That required at total reconfiguration of the Overhead. Not the funniest of tasks. So the air kind of went out of the balloon.
- In the autumn I bought two OpenCockpits CDUs. They were used but in mint condition.
- In October I started rewiring my MIP. Everything was great until I blew a fuse in the house. That set be back three weeks before I even dared to turn the power back on.
- For the pedestal I also bought an OpenCockpits ExpansionCard and a second MasterCard in the summer. I had them laying around until Christmas where I finally took the pedestal out for a service check and installed the new interface cards and one of my OEM panels (The Audio Control Panel).
- Along all this I have been 3d-printing like crazy! It is such a great addition to the cockpit.