16. June 2013 by Peter
After waiting a few months for lower hardware prices I gave up and bought the rest of my parts for a new computer.
The specs of my new computer is:
- Intel i7 2700K CPU
- AsRock Z77 Pro4 motherboard
- 8Gb GeiL Evo Corsa 1833 RAM
- Gigabyte GFX 660 2GB/OC Grapich card
- Samsung 840-series 128Gb SSD Hard drive
- WD 1gb SATA-drive Hard drive
- XFX Core Edition PRO 550W PSU
- CoolerMaster 212 Evo CPU cooler
Windows 8 ultimatechanged to Win 7 64bit Ult.
So far I have just installed FSX and is getting to learn Windows 8 (A somewhat steep learning curve). But moving from a six-years old mid-range computer I have high expectations once I start tweaking that cfg-file. 🙂
EDIT: I switched my Win 8 license to an other computer and installed Win 7 on the FSX-computer. There were many strange incidents with FSX crashing and add-ons having a somewhat strange behavior.