An overview of what I have bought and where. Not everything is included, mostly the large parts and good deals that could be of interest for other cockpit-builder.
From the very start I bought Prosim. It has been a bliss to work with! If you can find the funds and are serious about building this thing, this will be the best money you can spend!
Calculated performance and speeds based on weights
- Pedestal panels: ProSimParts – €200
All pedestal panels in a nice quality. Ready for you own DIY building, wiring and coding.
- Autopilot / MCP-unit: OpenCockpits – €288
Plug’n’play unit. P’n’P saved me many-many hours. Well worth the extra cost.
- FMC: OpenCockpits – €116 + PSOne screen (€70)
DIY-model without the PCB (Buy the PCB!) PsOne screen found on eBay at $50.
- EFIS: Hispapanels – €55
EFIS panel and (a life saver) PCB to build on.
- MIP-panel: OpenCockpits and Hispapanels.
Mostly I am using OpenCockpits IO-cards
- MIP: 1 x OC USB expansion, 2x OC MasterCards, 1x OC Servocard, 1x USB Keys-Card (FMC)
- Pedestal: 1x OC MAstercard (Wired to the MIP), 3x OC Display Cards
- Overhead: 1x Pololu mini servo (12 channel) 1x OC Expansion card, 3x OC MasterCard, 2x OC DisplayCard
Further more, even though is not is interface cards, I would still recommend that you buy something like this:
- PCB’s for 7-segment-displays from HispaPanels
Saves me from wiring up each display with 8 wires.
More generic parts such as switches, wires, connectors.
- CTS 288-encoders from Mouser.com at €2,18 each
- Kingbright SC36-11 displays from Mouser.com at €0,70 a piece
- 12 pos rotary switches from Mouser at €1or TaydaElectronics (€ 1.20)
- 4 pos rotary switch for the Fuel Cross Feed in the overhead (€5).
- LEDs is bought off eBay.
- Big toggle switches, eBay.
- Tons of Dupont Cable from eBay
- Push buttons TaydaElectronics (See their Facebook page for discound codes).
- Knobs from TaydaElectronics. Not at all a perfect match to the real Boeing knobs, but they are only $0.50 each.
- Servo engines: Mostly Futuba S3003 (eBay) or HiTec HS-311
Other generic parts that are quite help full (and essential?) for a home cockpit.